Tikka masala with chicken and dried tomatoes with cranberries
• 2 chicken breasts
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
• 1 large onion
• 1 hot pepper (can be replaced with a pinch of powdered paprika)
• 3 cm piece of fresh ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
• 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 2 teaspoons garam masala, teaspoon turmeric
• 1 teaspoon of yellow curry
• 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
• 4-6 large spoons of natural yoghurt
• 100 ml of heavy cream or coconut milk
• parsley or cilantro
• 1/2 lemon or 1 lime juice
• ½ jar of dried tomatoes with cranberries in oil and herbs OLE!
• salt & pepper
Dice the chicken. Season with salt and pepper, a teaspoon of garam masala, curry, grated garlic and a tablespoon of olive oil.
Add the yogurt. Set aside for a few hours or overnight.
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large deep skillet. Chop the onion and cook for 2 minutes, add 2 cloves of garlic, grated ginger and chopped pepper.
Add garam masala and turmeric and stir. Take the meat out of the marinade, drain it on kitchen paper and put it on a cooking skillet with onions and spices.
Cook until the meat is done. Add tomatoes. Cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes. Season as needed.
When the meat is soft, remove it from the heat. Add cream, chopped dried tomatoes with cranberries and chopped parsley.
Serve with rice or bread.