– 1,5 cups arborio rice (or other type of risotto rice)
– 1 package of shrimps (preferably peeled ones)
– 1 chili pepper (the amount depends on the spiciness)
– 2 shallots
– 2 cloves of garlic
– olive oil
– 1 large spoon of butter
– about 800 ml of favorite broth
– 100 ml of white wine
– Dried tomatoes with capers in oil with herbs OLE!
– ½ bunch of parsley
– 30g of hard maturing Grana Padano cheese
– salt & pepper
– pinch of turmeric – optional (for yellow color)
In a pot with a thick bottom, melt the butter with a spoonful of sun-dried tomato oil. Add chopped shallots, chopped chili pepper and sliced garlic. When the ingredients are translucent, add the rice and fry for a few minutes until the grains become transparent. Pour in the wine and cook until it evaporates. Gradually add ½ cup of boiling broth. Pour in and stir so that the rice does not stick to the bottom. When the liquid evaporates, add another portion of broth. Repeat the process until the broth is finished. When pouring last portion of broth, add thawed and cleaned shrimps and dried tomatoes with capers. Cook another 5 minutes. Finally, add grated parmesan, chopped parsley and season to taste. Remove from heat and cover with a lid.