Risotto with dried tomatoes
Ingredients (for 2-3 servings):
-2/3 cup of risotto rice (e.g. arborio variety) – approx. 150g
-1 jar of dried tomato strips in oil with herbs OLE!
-okay. 500-700ml vegetable broth
-1 glass of dry or semi-dry white wine (approx. 125ml)
-1 finely chopped small white onion
-1 tablespoon of tomato paste
-2 tablespoons of olive oil
-1 tablespoon of butter (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a pan and add the finely chopped white onion.
2. When translucent, add rice, mix and after about 1 minute pour
a glass of white wine.
3. As the rice absorbs the wine, add the first portion of the warm broth
vegetable (approx. 150-200ml), stir from time to time.
4. When the rice absorbs a portion of broth, pour another, mix and
gradually add the broth until the rice is tender.
5. Finally, add a jar of dried tomato strips with herbs (no
oil), 1 tablespoon of tomato paste and 1 tablespoon of butter (optional).
6. Done! Best served on a deep plate, with the addition of chopped