Pumpkin cream with orange, ginger and sun-dried tomatoes
• 700g of raw pumpkin (weighted with the skin)
• 1 litre of vegetable broth
• ½ freshly squeezed orange
• 5 dried tomatoes in oil with herbs OLE! (plus some for decoration)
• 1 medium onion
• 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 1 teaspoon turmeric + pinch of Cayenne pepper
• cream 18%
• roasted almond or pumpkin seeds
• olive oil
Remove the seeds and skin from the pumpkin. Cut it into cubes. In a pot, heat the olive oil and add freshly grated (previously peeled) ginger. After a while, add chopped garlic cloves. Add cubed pumpkin, broth and orange juice.
Cook covered, until tender (about 30 minutes). Season with pepper and salt as preferred.
Add dried tomatoes (they can be chopped) and cook for a few more minutes. Mix everything.
You can add cream, decorate the top with dried tomatoes and seeds. Serve with a fresh baguette.