- 1 kg potatoes
- approx. 130 g flour (plus more for coating)
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 large spinach bunches (cleaned and dried)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of dried tomato oil + 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ jar OLE! dried tomatoes with pumpkin seeds in oil
- parmesan (in amount to your liking)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves + a few twigs for decoration
Carefully clean and cook unpeeled potatoes (preferably the day before) in salted water. Peel after cooking and run through a grater or mash with a special potato masher. Add flour, salt, and egg on the next day or when the potatoes cool off. Form into a ball.
Clean and dry the spinach leaves. Heat the oil and butter in a pan. Add chopped shallots. Add chopped or crushed garlic and stir vigorously. Add spinach leaves. Fry for a short while but make sure that you do not burn the garlic. Cut up the OLE! dried tomatoes into smaller pieces and add to the spinach. Add thyme and season with salt, pepper, and soy sauce.
Sprinkle some flour on the gnocchi dough and divide it into several pieces. Form into rolls and cut across with a sharp knife into 1-1.5 cm pieces. Make hollows for sauce with a fork. Cook in salted water until they rise to the top.
Move the sauce in the pan to the side and add a little butter. Fry the gnocchi until brown and combine with the spinach.
Top the finished meal with plenty of grated parmesan.