• 700g of onion
• 1 litre of vegetable or beef broth
• A glass of dry white wine
• 1/3 jar of OLE! garlic with herbs in oil!
• 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
• 1 clove of garlic
• 1 tablespoon of fresh or dried thyme
• Gruyere or other yellow cheese
• 1 large spoon of butter and olive oil
Cut the onion into thin slices. Melt the butter in a pot and add sugar. Add the onion in and cook it over medium heat, being careful not to burn it. Add pressed or chopped garlic. Gradually add the wine, and when it evaporates, add the broth. Cook for about 20 minutes.
Finally, season with salt and pepper. Add a few cloves of garlic with herbs in oil.
Put soup into heat-resistant bowls, put a slice of baguette on top and sprinkle with grated cheese.
Bake in the oven at 180 Celsius degrees until the cheese melts.