- 1 kg of potatoes
- 2 eggs
- around 2 tablespoons of potato starch + that left over from the potatoes
- 1 big onion or 2 small shallots
- 1 full tablespoon of sour cream (to make the pancakes crispier)
- ½ of a jar of OLE! Dried Tomatoes with Pumpkin Seeds in Oil with Herbs
- salt, pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ of a bunch of parsley
- frying oil
- sour cream
- yoghurt + your favourite fresh herbs + garlic
Grate the potatoes on the finest slots or mix them into a puree in a food processor. Put them into a fine sieve and place the sieve over the bowl to remove excess water. Finely chop the onions (alternatively add them to the food processor with the potatoes). Put the drained potatoes into a big bowl (drain the water and add the starch left over on the bottom of the bowl to the potatoes). Add eggs and chopped onions (unless you processed them with the potatoes), sour cream, chopped dried tomatoes, chopped parsley, and crushed garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and add your favourite seasonings. Fry on hot oil (use more oil if you want the pancakes to be extra crispy).
Serve with sour cream or herb yoghurt sauce (add your favourite fresh herbs like basil, dill, or a clove of garlic to the yoghurt).