- 170 g cottage cheese (preferably high in fat)
- 30 g grated cheese
- 200 g soft butter
- 2 tablespoons of Pastena – dried tomato paste with Correggio cheese OLE!
- 200 g wheat flour (plus around 20 g for sprinkling)
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped rosemary
- 1 egg for spreading (optional)
- salt, pepper
Grate the cheese on small grater holes. Crumble the cottage cheese with a fork and add soft butter. Add the remaining ingredients (cheese, flour, pastena, and herbs). Add salt and pepper for flavour. Knead the dough and form into a ball. Refrigerate for around one hour.
Take the dough out of the refrigerator and roll it out (on a countertop sprinkled with flour) to approximate thickness of 5 mm – no more than 1 cm.
Cut out the cookies and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper, spread with the egg (optional), and gently pierce each one (the cookies have a tendency to rise unevenly). Bake at 190 degrees for around 15-20 minutes.